Before you install the software, ensure that you meet the system requirements and that you have installed the most recent service pack for your operating system and the latest drivers for your video card.
GibbsCAM System Requirements for Running GibbsCAM
- Windows 10 or 11 (with all available Windows updates)
- Intel: Core i9, i7, or i5 with four or more cores or AMD: Ryzen or Threadripper.
- 16GB RAM (more is recommended for very complex parts)
- A quality Nvidia or AMD (ATI) 3D accelerated video card with the latest drivers installed.
- 2GB of available hard drive space (for virtual memory usage and temporary file storage)
The following instructions assume you want to use the fully interactive installation wizard.
1. Run the GibbsCAM installer (GibbsCAM_x64_vXX.X.XX.X_en-US).
2. If prompted to do so, click Yes to give permission to the User Account Control dialog to install the software.The installer automatically detects your computer’s environment (such as language and platform) and launches the appropriate setup wizard.
3. In the Welcome step: If you are installing the application software on this machine, click Next to continue. You will need to accept the terms of the GibbsCAM Software License Agreement to continue the installation.
4. In the Collecting Information step, optionally specify add-ins to install and optionally change the installation location (not recommended). When you are satisfied with your choices, click Next.
This release requires Microsoft .NET Framework. Most machines will already have this (for example, if Office is installed), but if it is lacking, then the GibbsCAM installer will tell you what is needed. If you need either or both, they are available for download from the Microsoft website.
5. In the next step, click Install. If prompted by the User Account Control to use administrator privileges, click Yes.
6. The final question to answer is whether to launch Migration Tool after installation. The default is yes, to help remind you to migrate your old settings and preferences before starting the new version of GibbsCAM software. For more information on Migration Tool, see Migrating from Previous Release.
7. When the installation is complete, click Finish to close the setup.