Installation of the Network License Option (NLO) is a two-phase process: In Phase 1, you set up the server. In Phase 2, you install and register the client software on each node.
Before Installing Network Licensing Option
If you have a hardware key, please install the hardware key driver before you procced to NLO Step 1.
Hardware Key Drivers
(1) If the key ID starts with a 3, 4, 5 or 6, install “Sentinel Protection Installer 7.7.X”.
(2) If the key ID starts with a 7, install “Sentinel HASP/LDK Installer 8.XX”.
If necessary, the following utility can be used to wipe all Sentinel drivers before reinstalling the latest one:
NLO Step 1 - Setting Up The Server
Before you begin: On the machine where you will install the License Server, you must have administrator privileges. The installer setup file 3D_Systems_License_NLO_Server_v9.<x>.<y>.<z>.exe must be available. This can be downloaded from https://online.gibbscam.com.
Before installing or modifying NLO Server, ensure that the firewall service is started (Services
(Local) > Windows Firewall, Status = Started). If this machine has an older version of 3D Systems
License Server 8.0 installed, uninstall it. Then, run the NLO installer. After the
installation/modification is complete, you can stop your firewall service if necessary.
1. Run the executable to install the License Server software.
The steps are as follows:
- UAC: Yes.
- Select the language you prefer;
- For Welcome: Click Next;
- For Destination Folder: Browse to or accept a folder and click Next;
- Click Install.
2. From the folder where you installed the License Server software, run RegistrationTool.exe.
3. When the Licensing Utility window appears.
- For License Registration Type, choose Network License Serve.
- For Deployment Destination, enter or browse to a writable folder.
- Do one of the following:
If you already have a *.cml license file on your computer, use the Browse link to find and select it.
If you do not already have a *.cml license file on yourcomputer: Click the Run Registration Tool link and then, in the Server License Registration Tool window, enter (or copy-and-paste) your 20-character product license code:
When the activation is complete, a license file, license-<customer_id>-<server_number>-L.cml, is created in your deployment directory.
NLO Step 2 - Install the Client Software on Each Node
Before you begin: Make sure the license server machine is running the GibbsRLMServer service and that the client machine (workstation) has a network connection to it.
1. On the client machine (workstation), install the GibbsCAM software, using the same product code that was used for installing the server.
2. Register GibbsCAM for this client workstation. You can do this manually at any time by running the Registration Tool. Or, if you launch GibbsCAM, it will display the License Installation dialog to prompt you for the product code. Use the same product code that was used for the server. On NLO client machines, you are not be prompted for contact information.
3. After you enter the product code, click Activate Product to complete the license deployment. The license data will be retrieved from the Gibbs Activation Service and placed in the appropriate Activation Data folder.
4. Repeat the previous steps (installing the GibbsCAM software and registering the product code) for each GibbsCAM client of the license server machine.
Client Software Activation Instructions: